Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes...


I know.

I said that I was going to be posting more regularly.

But, no. I didn't lie. Really.

Do you know how much time and energy it takes to get ready to move? Well, here's a hint: It takes a lot of both.

And, it isn't just the packing. It's all the other stuff that has to get done. Wrapping up stuff here, for example. I had a short writing job that I had to finish. And there's people to say good-bye to, and organizational ties to wrap up.

Which explains, I think, why I haven't been spending much time around here. And why I probably won't be for the next little while. I hope to look in from time to time, maybe give an update on how things are progressing.

Having said that, I do want to say that this move in a good thing. A very good thing, in fact. There are more jobs available where I'm moving. I like the weather better where I'm moving. I like the area where I'm going. Which makes sense. It's the area where I grew up. I still know people there. Not a lot, but enough.

Look at it this way. Once I'm moved and settled in (and I don't have that much stuff, so it shouldn't take me that long to get settled), I'll have lots of new things to write about, not least because I'm moving to the second-largest city in the United States. That means there are places to go, things to see, stories to tell.

But, for now, back to the sorting and packing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little miss! This is your official "oldest friend" speaking. Known each other since we were 3 years old. Have I identified myself to you credibly without revealing either of our identities? Are you really moving? Will I still be able to reach you on email, you're not going to disappear on me, are you? Pls keep in touch and let me know the "why's and wherefore's" ...

littlemissattitude said...

Just in case you look here, the move is accomplished. E-mail to follow soon with my snail mail address.