Sunday, April 07, 2013

Music Sunday: The Fleetwood Mac Edition


It's been a long, busy couple of weeks. I didn't know if I was going to be able to get a Music Sunday up today. But, I woke up this morning wanting to hear some Fleetwood Mac, so I'm at least going to post a few of their songs that I like the most.

And, since my favorite of their songs, more or less, is "Little Lies", from the 1987 album "Tango in the Night", I'll lead off with that even though it is, at least the last I heard, their final top 10 single in the US:



And then there's "Tusk". Maybe I only like this song because I know its history. It was recorded live at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California, a place I know and love well, with the participation of the University of Southern California marching band. I have this odd love for marching bands - odd because I was never in a marching band - so that's probably also part of it. At any rate, this video of the song was made during that recording:



"Rhiannon" is another of Fleetwood Mac's songs that I like a lot. Here is a live performance that appeared on "Midnight Special":



"Go Your Own Way" is from the legendary (and mega-million-selling) album "Rumours", and was released in December 1976 ahead of the album's release in 1977.



There are more songs, of course, but these are some of my favorites. I hope to be back to a full schedule of Music Sunday posts next week.

No comments: