Friday, April 12, 2013

The Questionnaire...how would you answer?


Well, it looks like no one was moved to answer the questionnaire from "Inside the Actors Studio" that I posted yesterday. But, I promised that I'd answer the questions today, so here goes:

1. What is your favorite word?

I'm a writer, so I pretty much like all the words. But, if I had to pick, I'd say "amygdala". It's a structure in the temporal lobe of the brain that has a role in processing emotions. I think that's an appropriate favorite word for a writer, since writers have to process emotions for their characters when they're writing fiction. However, the reason it's my favorite word is that it's just a lot of fun to say.

2. What is your least favorite word?

"Exclusive", for the reasons stated in yesterday's post.

3. What turns you on?

Ideas. Exploring them, discussing them, and just generally playing with them. I think that's probably another writer thing.

4. What turns you off?

Stupidity, especially willful ignorance. I'm not talking here about just not knowing something. Instead, I'm taking about people who are proud of not knowing stuff and who specifically avoid learning new things or who refuse to acknowledge anything that conflicts with what they personally believe.

5. What sound or noise do you love?

Ha! The sound of a chainsaw. No, really. I don't like the part that consists of knowing that the chainsaw is probably being used to cut down a tree. However, when I was very young my father had a tree service and firewood business, and he owned a couple of serious chainsaws (not those little things that pass for a chainsaw these days, and that you can buy at Sears or wherever). So, the sound of one reminds me of my childhood and makes me happy.

6. What sound or noise do you hate?

People yelling in anger. Also, sirens. Sirens because they mean that things aren't right somewhere, for someone. People yelling in anger, because I was not brought up around that. We did not yell and scream in anger in our house when I was growing up, but were civil even when not everyone was happy about things.

7. What is your favorite curse word?

"Shit." Easy to say, conveys my disapproval appropriately.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Physical/biological anthropologist. That was actually what I was going to study at university, but my grades in anatomy and physiology were such that I realized it probably wasn't a very good idea. Still, I try to keep up with the latest developments in the field.

9. What profession would you not like to do?

Anything medical. I have very bad medical anxiety, and just have no desire to be around anything like that.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

"Welcome. The library is just down that way. We've got comfy chairs, big work tables, all the writing equipment you'll ever need, and every book ever published." Because, I really could spend eternity reading and writing.

So, now that I've answered, how would you answer these questions?

No comments: