Friday, December 20, 2013

Sometimes, somebody else says it better than I ever could...


I'm not really going to say much today. I'm just going to leave this link with you (it's from buzzfeed.com), get out of the way, and let you go read that. Because I can't say this stuff any better than they do over there.

I will say, before I go, that I was raised by parents who did not insist that there are "girl" things and "boy" things, and did not teach me that the world will end if girls do things that are considered "boy" things or if boys do things that are considered "girl" things. And I am grateful for that every day of my life. Especially at times when I remember when I was told that I should not be interested in science - and specifically in geology, which I find fascinating - because being interested in those is not "ladylike".

Really?

I'm getting out of the way now. Go read.

No comments: