Thursday, December 20, 2012

Life and stuff...


It's late in the day for a post, but I wanted to at least check in to say that I think I'm back online. Cable is fixed, and a good friend is letting me borrow a laptop because mine is still being cranky.

It's been a long day, with a visit to the airport, the library, and grocery shopping...all even though I'm supposed to be staying off the knee I did something nasty to late yesterday afternoon. But, with the grocery shopping done, now I really can stay in and rest the stupid knee for a few days.

By the time I got home from all that, the water was off. It was a planned outage; the city has been working on the water lines for a few weeks, and this was the fourth or fifth time the water has been off. The good news was that it came back on about half an hour before it was scheduled to do so.

The other good news was the cable guy showed up about five minutes after the beginning of the two-hour window they had given me for the appointment when I talked to them yesterday. It didn't take him long to get things working again. The bad news was that he said it looked like the cables out by the outside cable box had been vandalized.

And then, this evening, my friend Juanita came by and brought the computer to me so I can use it. I am so grateful to her for letting me use it. I spent the afternoon feeling guilty that I wasn't able to blog yesterday or, until now, today. I guess the theory that it takes about a month to establish a new habit is true. After blogging every day for the past month and a half, not writing a post sometime during the day just feels...wrong.

So, I feel much better now that I've been able to get this written. I just hope I spelled everything correctly, because I haven't found the spell-check on this machine yet, and I'm not sure I'm awake enough to proofread adequately at the moment.

No comments: