Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Some days, all a blogger can do is write-and-run...


This is going to be a sort of write-and-run post today, as I'm relying on a library computer, and I have, at this point, 45 minutes left of my allowed hour.

The good news is, I was nominated for a Liebster Award (icon to follow, probably tomorrow) by Isobel DeBrujah, over at Center Pull Photography. This is an award given by bloggers, to bloggers, and meant for exceptional blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Liebster, from what I understand, means "dearest", "beloved", or "favorite" in German.

So, thank you Isobel, for the high honor.

There are obligations attached to the award, not all of which I'll be able to fulfill today. One of those is to nominate 11 more blogs for the award. In the interest of time, I'll make my first four nominations today:

Forever Changed, because Alicia, the blogger there, has many interesting and profound things to say.

Kimiko Sews, because Kimiko is one of the most talented seamstresses and needle artists I know. Here, she blogs about her sewing, posts pretty pictures of what she's made, and passes on hints to an art that I have no talent at whatsoever.

What A Witch, for saying what needs to be said, even when it isn't the popular thing to say.

Trapped by the Mormons, for sharing the journey. (Actually, this blog may have more than 200 followers, but I don't know that, and so I'm passing on the nomination anyway.

I will be passing on word of these nominations as I am able, and there are more nominations to follow.

Another one of the things I have been asked to do as part of the nomination is to post eleven facts about myself. We'll see how many I can get through before my computer time is up for the day.

1. I'm a writer by trade.

2. I'm an anthropologist by education.

3. I'm currently unemployed, but working hard to find a job.

4. I was able to read by the time I was three years old.

5. When I was very young, I lived across the street from film director Raoul Walsh.

6. I am first-generation born in the US on my father's side of the family.

7. I've lost track of the number of times I've been to Disneyland.

8. I've only been out of the United States once, when I visited England and Wales.

9. I've read 31 books so far this year. I've started reading many more, but I don't feel compelled to finish a book I don't like.

10. At different times, i've been in the same room with three of the actors who have portrayed Doctor Who.

11. I'm currently working on writing two books (it's good to have an extra project going, so that even when one project isn't going well, I can work on the other one).

As I said earlier in the post, there is more to all of this. I'll be making more nominations and answering the questions Isobel set for her nominees in the near future, which I hope means tomorrow. Have to see how the Internet situation develops.

P.S. - I hope I spelled everything correctly. I can't find the spell-check on this unfamiliar computer. Apologies in advance.

No comments: