Sunday, March 03, 2013

Music Sunday: The Jon Bon Jovi Birthday Edition


I've been busy today, so Music Sunday is going to be short and sweet.

Yesterday was Jon Bon Jovi's birthday. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan, but I do like some of his work, both with his band and his solo work. For instance, "Wanted Dead or Alive", has always been one of those songs that makes me crank the volume up when I'm listening to the radio in the car:



And, aside from his work with his band, Bon Jovi has done some solo work, including "Blaze of Glory", which appeared in the film "Young Guns II".



"Blaze of Glory" is notable this time of year for the fact that it won the Golden Globe Award in 1990 for Best Original Song and was nominated for an Academy Award as Best Original Song the same year.

I also like "This Ain't A Love Song". Yeah, I know. But I'm in a mood again today - I think it's the weather - and as a lost love song, it isn't bad:

3 comments:

Winnie said...

I got to see them in concert when I was young in NJ. I was not a fan really, but my girlfriends were, but the hits were fun, and I know all words. I am a country fan, so back then it was hard to get my friends here in NYC to see anything country.

Susie said...

I like Bon Jovi and now I'm off to download some from ITunes, so I'm not sure if I should thank you for the reminder or not ;-).

littlemissattitude said...

Thanks for your comments.

Winnie...it's incredible how often, when I'm listening to the music I grew up with (60s songs for me, mostly), how many of them I still remember all the words to. It would be so cool if I could remember important things that well and that easily. :)

Susie...you're welcome. Please rest assured, I own no stock in iTunes, so I really had no ulterior motives in that. :)

missattitude